I’m a longtime Adele fan. But when she demanded a do-over LIVE on-air (and dropped a few F bombs!) at the Grammys, I completely fangirled out. She was not about to deliver anything but perfection for her friend George Michael.
And while I’m paying homage, I’ll bow down to Michael Ashton, too. He’s the artist we can credit for Adele’s glowing skin and signature cat eye tonight.
Before Ashton even applied color, he primed her face with Ole Henriksen skincare products. First he let a few dots of Ultimate Lift eye crème absorb under her eyes. Then he mixed a few pumps of Pure Truth Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil with a bit of Nurture Me crème and thoroughly worked it into her skin, blending outwards from the center of her face.
Ashton used the following Marc Jacobs Beauty products to create Adele’s gorgeous Grammy look.
- Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut face primer (warmed up in hands first, then pressed into skin)
- Genius Gel Super-charged oil-free foundation 26 bisque medium
- Remedy concealer pen in 2 wake-up call (under eye, t-zone & high plane areas)
- #instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder in dream filter 20 (under cheek bones, around hair line)
- Brow Wow defining longwear eyebrow pencil in taupe 2 and ashbrown 4
- Brow Tamer grooming gel
- Twinkle Pop Stick eyeshadow in volver 402 (lid)
- Style Eye Con no 7 plush eyeshadow palette in the lolita 206 (contours)
- Magic Marc’er precision pen waterproof liquid eyeliner in blacquer (starting at inner corner and thickening as line extends outward to a fanned cat eye)
- Velvet Noir major volume mascara (top and bottom lashes)
- Le Marc Liquid lip crème in slow burn 458 and fawn over me 452 (blot and clean up edges before applying second coat)
To set the look and give it extra vitamin-packed staying power, Ashton added a light mist of Ole Henriksen Nurture Me facial water to Adele’s entire face. And it worked. It ALL worked! Shop Ole Henriksen and Marc Jacobs Beauty on their respective sites or Sephora.
Congrats to Adele for 5 huge Grammy wins!
Next: I’m after what products are used on Bruno Mars. His skin always looks flawless. Or maybe he’s born with it…
2 thoughts on “The Beauty of Adele”
Agreed – she is just so adorable. And turning her thank you speech into a Beyonce tribute? Beyond. She looked beautiful – she always does. Thanks for the run down on her face. Might go try that Le Marc Liquid lip creme . .
Adele was as beautiful as her emotions were heartfelt and endearing. I never saw her look better……thanks for all your inside beauty magic tricks!