I don’t write many Get-the-Look posts because to me it’s better to find your own. Kim & Kylie have honed their looks and they work fabulously for them… but I’m beyond tired of all the clones. Really tired of them. Only one blogger’s opinion though.
In any case, I’m making an exception today. When I find a legit beauty tip about getting a glow like Beyoncé or J.Lo, you will read it here.
Have you seen Beyoncé’s September Vogue cover? Her face is natural. Her makeup doesn’t pull focus from the huge fashion issue. It’s all her. It’s gorgeous. Beyoncé’s makeup was done by Sir John using mostly Marc Jacobs Beauty products.
The goal was to create an ethereal glow. We know Beyoncé loves that no-makeup makeup look. And while heredity can play a big part here, a glow is a relatively easy thing to fake.
“She’s all about being confident in your skin and owning your natural element. This look was all about redefining glamorous as a state of mind. We focused on enhancing her natural brows, skin and structure – and bringing out that inner glow.”
– Sir John, on Beyoncé
SIR JOHN’S TIPS TO GET-THE-LOOK
- Prep skin using Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer
- Apply foundation on wet, moisturized skin
- For her lit-from-within glow, use a bronzey, rose-gold finish with a 2-part highlight
- First, he apply Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter in Fantasy to the basic highpoints of your face
- Second, use foundation slightly darker than your complexion and mix it with the same Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter to get a 3D cheek
- To set the look, use Finish-Line Perfecting Coconut Setting Powder to create a lasting soft-matte finish
PRO TIP: “Always avoid shimmer on the front of the face. Apply it to your angles for sexiness.”
– Sir John