The Screen Actors Guild Awards were this weekend in Los Angeles. The SAG ceremony was quick and fun. The red carpet… meh. I’ve gotta be honest (while no one’s paying me not to be!) none of the gowns were jaw-dropping this year.
I won’t go off on the choices I truly questioned. I will say however that I dunno whose hair looked worse – Brad Pitt’s or Natalie Dormer’s (Game of Thrones). Buuuuut, they’re both hot enough to pull off the looks. Not all of us are so blessed.
My favorite all-around look was Claire Danes. She isn’t usually my front-runner, but her Vionnet gown was a really different choice—stunning in a sexy 80’s sorta way.
Makeup artist Matin Maulawizada played off the style of her gown beautifully. He used Laura Mercier products to create sultry eyes with the perfect amount of shimmer to complete her look.
Here are the Laura Mercier products Matin used:
- Crème Eye Liner in Cobalt on Claire’s lash line
- Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Smoke for bold eyes
- Baked Eye Colour in Mystical
- Satin Matte Eye Colour in Dark Spirit all over eyelids
- Long Lash Mascara in Bleu
- Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud
- Crème Cheek Colour in Sunrise to the apples of her cheeks
- Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight – 01 to cheekbones
- Lip Plumper in Pink Pearl
The only place Meryl Streep can ever seem to do any wrong is on the red carpet. But Saturday, she looked gorgeous, sexy AND comfortable in Stella McCartney.
I loved Lena Headey’s (Game of Thrones) Jenny Packham gown. It bordered a bit casual but she’s tall enough to pull it off.
On the flip side, Elisabeth Rohm’s Marchesa gown was a little bride-like. That said, she was exquisite in it.
Oh, props of magnificence to Jennifer Lawrence’s ear lobes, which were dripping in Jennifer Meyer Japanese double drop amethyst pyramids with blue sapphire and pave diamonds—all set in yellow gold.
Up next: Grammy weekend!